Thursday, March 5, 2009

an opportunity

I work at City Hall. There are several offices in this building, one of them being our City Manager's office. When I went to orientation 8 months ago for my new job, our City Manager, Pat spoke at our orientation. He had us talk about ourselves and our interests. One of the things I shared was that I love animals and would love to be an animal cruelty investigator or work with animals. Today, he came through our office and he still remembers me and he always remembers me as the animal lover. He told me that the Humane Society is moving to a new facility and it's bigger and will be opening in about 4 months. He said he knows people there and could hook me up...it got me interested in possibly volunteering there. The Humane Society relies on public donations only and they could use all the help they can get. I might see if I can volunteer a few weekends a month and I bet I might be able to recruit Jesse too. I know doing something like this would be challenging and would take me a bit out of my comfort zone, but I love challenges and learning new things. And, oh, it's a chance to make a difference to creatures who desperately need our help. Check back for future updates on this.

1 comment:

ness said...

That's great Kel-I am always amazed at people who have such big hearts for that. It takes a special person-I know that I could never do it-if I did I might end up being that lady with a million cats that ends up on the news:)

Good for you!