Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BSF

Bible Study Fellowship. Tonight was the first night of the new "season." We are going to be studying the Acts of the Apostles, starting off with the book of Acts. It will go throughout the school year, so it's a lengthy study. Please pray that God will work through me and teach me and that I won't just go through the motions. Often times that's what I feel like I do, just go through the motions, instead of taking it all in and really giving in and surrendering to God. I don't know how to do surrender to him. I am willing, but how does one do that? Pray for me.  Pray that God would speak to me on any issues I am going through in my personal life, that he would guide me and give me discernment. Sometimes I wish that God would just give me a "yes" this is what I want you to do or a "no" this is what I don't want you to do. I need it to be so simple, yet I can't always get simple answers. Is this his way of saying you need to lean on me, you need to trust me? I think it is. But it's a matter of how, it's a matter of strength, of discipline, of caring about God's will for me instead of being indifferent to things. Keep me in your thoughts throughout the coming school year. I know I won't always do the right thing but I need strength to persevere.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh Kel, This is such a sweet, honest post. God is so faithful to hear our prayers. Any time I have prayed, "I can't do this on my own Lord, please help me." He is right there. I will be praying for a rich deep study. We are studying Luke in our group. Pray for me too that I would grow in the Lord this year.