Friday, February 17, 2012

Letter to Birth Mother

From the tv show "Smash," this was the letter that the adopted mother (played by Debra Messing) wrote to the birth mother in Asia:

To The Birth Mother of My Daughter:

Our lives are so far distant from each other it’s as if neither of us exists. I will never know you. Even though you will give birth to her, my daughter may never know you as well. But I want you to know I will guard her like a lion. I will raise her with love. I will protect her from the wounds of loneliness. She will be a child of two lands and she will wear that knowledge with pride. And at night we will call to you on the wind and perhaps you will hear us and know she is safe.

2 comments:

Krista said...

How do you think of your adoption now?

Anonymous said...

This made me cry.

mom