Thursday, August 14, 2008

Okay, so I am risking posting something personal. I think the birth control I am taking has caused me to gain weight. I switched to taking a shot every 3 months, which is way more convenient for me than the pill, however weight gain is a side effect. :( I'm not too happy about it but I guess it just means I need to counteract it with exercise, which I never had to before. Now with a dog, I guess I can go on more walks and maybe even get some jogging in. It also has effected my mood, according to Jesse. Since I've been on b.c. ever since we got married, he says that I am different than before we got married. I wonder if it could be the b.c. To him, I seem to be grumpier and more negative. Have any of you ever experienced that? Maybe I've just changed and it's not due to anything but life's issues. Anyway, I want to try and work on this, the moodiness and the weight. Please keep me in your thoughts so I can figure out what I need to do to make this happen.

3 comments:

Angie said...

It could be the bc and it could be the age. It just happens - the weight gain that is. Sometimes I just have to pray for wisdom to figure out where things are coming from. My bc Yaz is suppose to help with moodiness who knows if it really works.

ness said...

ARGGHHH! That sucks! It is so hard to find a pill that works for you, but when you do they can be great! I like Yaz, I actually lost weight on it and it really helped my mood. I took it continuously so my hormones were always level----no ups and downs. I called it my "happy pill."
The shot and IUD's are nice and convenient, but if you have an adverse reaction you are kind of stuck, that's a downfall!
Talk to your doctor and if he/she won't listen, find someone who will, there are lots of different bc pills out there. Good luck!
Ness

Anonymous said...

I went on a low dose pill too (ortho tricyclen lo), and I think I am less grumpy than the regular pill (that I took for a year)! Tell your doc you want to change if yours is not working for you.