Thursday, January 7, 2010

My favorite subject in school was...

 My favorite subject was probably high school English.  At the time we thought our teacher was "nerdy" but looking back on it, it was a class that I remembered because of the things we did.  We did a lot of memorizing of Shakespeare, poems etc. and to this day I still remember some of those lines.  "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo.  Deny thy father and refuse thy name or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I will will no longer be a Capulet."  "Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"  "Tis but thy name that is thy enemy. Thou art thyself, though not a Montague."

"There are strange things done in 'neath the midnight sun by men who moil for gold...
The Northern lights have seen queer sights but the queerest they ever did see, was the night on the marge of Lake LaBarge I cremated Sam McGhee."

I mean, I can't believe I still remember this stuff. 

What was your favorite subject?

2 comments:

ness said...

lunch...recess. Just kidding. My favorite subject was probably science, although I wasn't any good at! I like English just as much though and I was better at it. I love reading...I had a crazy english teacher who told me I would never amount to anything but a damn secretary...in spite of that I appreciated her because she introduced me to a lot literature and poetry. We had to memorize the raven and I still remember most of it.

Krista said...

The teachers really make the difference I think! (and were you by chance speaking of DeFaz? :)
I loved math because of Davies and chemistry because of Douglass. Ah high school... ;)