Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I don't have much exciting news to report.  It's been a while since my last update.  My parents were here briefly the weekend before Thanksgiving before heading to California to see Kjersten.  Dad got sick while he was there and was at the doctor a few times for antibiotics to fight off ear infections and conjuctivitis.  What a way to spend a vacation.  Then on the last leg of the journey home, dad's van breaks down near North Bend.  Man, he was so close to being home.  Now he has to accomodate himself and a dog, all while still being sick, the car breaking down and on top of all that, dad doesn't carry a cell phone.  Go figure. (I think I know what he needs for Christmas...Jitterbug here we come).  I hope he makes it home by the end of the week. 

This year Christmas is going to be like any other day, we just can't afford to do a lot of gifts this year with Jesse not working for past few months, not to mention that last week we had to repair our roof and an electrical problem in the attic all on the same day.  Luckily we have money in savings but that was to be used towards a down payment on a car for next year (since Jesse's car is on it's last leg).  But come January, Jesse will start back up with Frito and we will begin to build the savings back up.  In the end, God has provided every month.  We have always been able to pay the mortgage, which is our biggest expense. For this I am thankful. 

I hope to work on sending out Christmas photos this weekend.  I just need to pick them up and buy some more stamps. 

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. 

No comments: