Friday, November 13, 2009

Sad to say, but I don't have a lot going on lately...therefore, I haven't written much on my blog.  I went to game night tonight.  We have a group of people from work who go to game night about once a month, boy are we a bunch of nerds...but it's totally fun!  Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for dinner and a movie.  We are going to see Amelia (Amelia Erhardt).  Then next weekend I am hosting Girls Night at my house.  There is a group of girls that try and get together once a month for girls night, we watch chic flicks and all bring food & drinks to share.  This will be the first time for most of them seeing my home and I am a little stressed about it.  I hate that I compare my home to others.  The fact that it's an older home and therefore needs updating makes having parties at your house a little embarrassing.  I know I shouldn't be embarrassed, but I feel like there is a bunch of stuff I should do to prepare my house so it doesn't have such a college feel to it (mis-matched furniture, no art on the walls...)  I was the one afterall, who volunteered to host this time, so I need to get over it.  Ok, I need to not stress.  I will keep you updated as to how it goes.  I am looking forward to the weekend.  :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Kelly,
Games nights sounds fun! Not nerdy! :) I've belonged to a bunko group for 4 years. We are calling it quits this year, but it was a fun 4 years!

Having people into your home is very hospitable. Don't stress about it...have fun! Remember: A relaxed hostess = relaxed guests.

Kjersten said...

Your house is totally cute! No need to worry, just have a good time:)

Angie said...

I bet your friends will have fun being with you. Someone recently said in regards to hospitality, "It is not about what you have but what you do with it." Have fun!