Saturday, July 12, 2008

Okay, so I saw that some of my friends and family started blogs and so I got the bug to start one too. So, you can call me a copycat. : ) My blogs are going to be pretty boring compared to everyone else's because we don't have children to talk about. Since it's just Jesse and I and the cats, our lives are pretty boring. And mom and dad, if you don't really understand what a blog is, it's basically a journal of your life and sharing it with others and keeping others updated on what's happening.

So, this is my first blog. The most recent update in our lives is that I started a new job on July 9th for the City of Vancouver working as a Legal Secretary. If you forgot what I did do before, I worked for the County as a court clerk, going to trials, hearings, dockets and taking minutes. The Legal Secretary position is much more detail-oriented and there's a lot more to learn. For me, it is new ground because it is processing subpoenas, discovery requests, preparing dockets, creating new files, all of which these things were already done by the time it reached me when I was a court clerk. I never knew how all of those pleadings etc. got to me before, in my new job that is exactly what I do. It has been scary starting this new position but I felt on Friday after only training for 3 days that things were finally starting to make sense. Please pray that I would continue to learn quickly and that my mind can wrap around all the wealth of information.

As for Jesse, he is still painting...not the artwork but painting residential homes and sometimes businesses. He works very hard and always does more than he needs to. He has lost so much weight over the past year, his pants don't fit him and he has had to put several new notches in his belts! I guess he'll be getting some new clothes at the Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale.

I guess that's it for now.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Welcome Kelly! Blogging is fun and addicting!!! It will be a great way to keep in touch. I will always remember the days of writing eachother letters with Hello Kitty or maybe rainbow stationary. Look how far we have come. :)
Angie

Amy said...

I'm so so glad you started a blog! I will enjoy reading about the Robison family!! I miss you guys!!

ness said...

Welcome to the addicting and wonderful world of blogging Kelly-and congrats on your new job, it sounds very exciting!

Ness

Anonymous said...

Hey kelly--Congrats on the new job! It sounds like you'll be swamped!

Jenny

Kjersten said...

Hey Kelbel,
Welcome to the blogosphere. And congrats on the new job! I hope you really like it!! Talk to you soon!
Kj